4-H Summer Camp
2020 Napa County 4-H Summer Camps Cancelled
Dear Napa 4-H Camping Community,
All 4-H summer camps taking place at the Las Posadas 4-H Camp, including Napa 4-H Camp Week 1 and 2, have been cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic. Several factors played a role in the decision making process by the Las Posadas 4-H Camp, Inc. Board of Directors, including uncertainties around the ability to screen campers to ensure the safety of those in attendance, properly sanitize and prepare the camp facilities in advance of camp (including scheduling the proper county health inspections), and affectively implementing social distancing requirements. Please know that this decision was not made lightly, and was determined with the safety of our youth, families, and volunteers as a top priority.
The Napa 4-H Camp Registrar, Bobbi Lindwall, Napa4HCamp@hotmail.com, will contact campers to initiate the process for returning or disposing of registration checks (no camper enrollment checks have been deposited). The registrar will also begin notifying and refunding staffers, minus the state 4-H enrollment fee.
The decision was difficult; one long-time 4-H adult camp director remarked, “it is heartbreaking to imagine Las Posadas empty this summer, yet I believe it is best to put the health and safety of our camp family first.” Please know that we are here to support our 4-H camping community and look forward to Napa County 4-H Summer Camps 2021. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or needs.
The 4-H Office and Camp Advisors realize this leaves a hole during the summer months, especially for staffers who have been working hard to prepare for the 2020 camp season. Therefore, it is the goal and intention of Camp Advisors to develop, implement, and offer some virtual summer camp opportunities for staffers this summer, to still be able to connect youth with camp and the outdoors through the use of technology. Camp Advisors will communicate those plans and opportunities over the coming weeks.
Napa 4-H Program Coordinator
University of California Cooperative Extension
- Week 1 Advisor: Tammy Hill
- Week 2 Advisor: Carson Heywood
- Week 2 Co-Advisor: Curtis Tinloy
- Registrar: Bobbi Lindwall at email@example.com
Las Posadas is a state experimental forest in a beautiful canyon filled with Redwood, Pine, and Oak trees. The camp is about a 45 minute drive from Napa. The camp is directed by a team of adult counselors and teen staff. A qualified lifeguard and nurse are on duty at all times. Three professional cooks, experienced in preparing nutritional and well-balanced menus, do the cooking. Three meals a day are served from a central kitchen, and nutritional snacks will be offered at different times during the day.
Participating in camp programs help youth build self confidence, meet new people, and experience new opportunities. Napa 4-H offers two weeks of 4-H summer camp annually.
- Provides youth and adults with a safe and secure environment both physically and emotionally where they can participate in educational, recreational and social experiences in the outdoors.
- Promotes appreciation of the natural environment and teaches environmental stewardship.
- Teaches personal life skills and values of fairness, caring, citizenship, trustworthiness, respect and responsibility.
- Provides opportunities for youth to learn and practice leadership, decision making and teamwork through group activities and hands on training. Learn by doing!
- Allows youth and adults to have new experiences by exploring new interest.
- Has caring adults as role models, teachers and mentors for our youth.
- Is FUN!
Campers LOVE getting mail! Here's how to address it:
Napa County 4-H Camp
805 Las Posadas Rd.
Angwin, CA 94508